Piles of Meat Homepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the whacky fuckers of POM have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RE5 controls suck!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
uttrspazz

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-28

RE5 controls suck!!! Empty
PostSubject: RE5 controls suck!!!   RE5 controls suck!!! EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Just to start out, I've never played any RE games before so forgive me if I'm not familiar with the controls layout. So I tried the demo with the expectation that I would probably like it and I did, until I started to shoot at the enemy. Ok, not being able to move while shooting BLOWS!!! I get surrounded by enemies, and when I try to move the chick just gets into trouble and I have to baby-sit her. Plus I run out of ammo real quick. Also cuz of the camera I can't see what the hell is going on half the time. The combat doesn't seem fluid, it seems more like a chore than anything else. Perhaps I just need to get used to the controls, and I will give it another shot, but I was not pleased. Such a hyped up game should have a more fluid control scheme to make the game more enjoyable. Anyone else have an opinion that they would like to share?
Back to top Go down
aussie-rule

aussie-rule

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: RE5 controls suck!!!   RE5 controls suck!!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:43 am

i agree that the controls suck but they kinda have to. think about the silent hill games, sure the controls suck but if they didn't it would be too easy and it wouldn't be scary at all, RE5 made the mistake of having the game in day time, so thats a lot of the fear taken out of it, having bad controls makes it feel more clautrophobic and scary, i guess i could go both ways, i kinda like them but i don't at the same time. like the guy with the chainsaw would be easy if you could move and aim, but it does suck dying because your dumb enough to just stand there... over all i think the controls could and should have been better, but it's not going to stop me from getting the game.
Back to top Go down
uttrspazz

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: RE5 controls suck!!!   RE5 controls suck!!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 8:09 am

I must counter with this, Dead Space! Dead Space is much more "scary" than RE5, and still manages to have a good control scheme. The whole time I was having trouble with the controls I wasn't tense, like I've seen people try to argue, I was frustrated. Besides we all know that RE isn't trying to be a horror type game anymore. So why stick to an outdated formula when you're mixing up your genre to get more people into your product? Anywho, my main point was that Dead Space proves that it's, for the most part, atmosphere, not controls that make a game "scary". Got to say, if I could move while aiming and shooting I could overlook the game's other flaws, but not being able to do that enhances my frustration of all the other things that annoy me because they become even more annoying.
Back to top Go down
aussie-rule

aussie-rule

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: RE5 controls suck!!!   RE5 controls suck!!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:56 pm

i have heard, but i heard when the actual game comes out you will be able to move when aiming, but only to the side, not backwards. thats at least a little better than the controls at the moment, after playing RE5 for a while last night i have to agree with you though, the controls do suck, there is no way around it. walking also feels laboured and it's annoying that you take up half the screen, i can barely see whats going on half the time. i hope they fix it, but even if they don't it will still be worth a rent at least.
Back to top Go down
Repkid

Repkid

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: RE5 controls suck!!!   RE5 controls suck!!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:07 pm

I agree. If they have to make the controls bad to make the game scary, then they need to stop making horror games.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lord_coinage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE5 controls suck!!!   RE5 controls suck!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

RE5 controls suck!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Piles of Meat Homepage :: Off Topic :: Gaming / Games / Kittens-
Jump to: